Last week, My sister and I went to Disneyland with our aunt and little cousins. It was their first time ever at Disneyland, so they wanted us to take them around the park. We arrived at the park around 9 a.m. and there was already a lot of people lining up to get into either Disneyland Park and Disneyland California. Summertime, is one of the busiest time of the year at Disneyland since it’s summer vacation, so arrive early because you can spend some time getting parking, going through bag-check, and riding the tram/shuttle to the park.
Favorite theme park essentials:
– Mini Portable Handheld Fan (USB rechargeable): This cute bear fan (image above) is a lifesaver when walking around the park or waiting in line. It was my sister’s idea to get it. We both had one each and used it on low-speed (low-speed can be used for about 3 hours) to save battery, and occasionally turning it off when we were in the shade.
– Power bank: Power banks are great when my phone starts to run out of battery towards the evening. I can also use it to charge my fan.
– Sun Hat: I went to Disneyland with the intention of buying Mickey ears, but at only 9 a.m., it was so hot that I felt as if the top of my head was burning. Wearing a hat can really help you stay cool and protect your hair and face from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. I bought a Minnie Mouse Sun Hat (see it on me in the image below) at the Disney store located in Downtown Disney.
– Sunblock. Since it’s summer, it is very important to protect your skin from the harsh UV rays and avoid damage from the sun. I like to use Biore UV AQUA Rich Whitening Essence on my face. And for my body, I used Recipe Crystal Sun Spray.
– Water bottle: Buying water at Disneyland is expensive. Save cost by bringing your own. You can also ask for water at any Disney counter service restaurants for free.
– Ziploc bag to store electronics: I went on Splash Mountain, and I was very thankful that my backpack was waterproof. But, having a couple of medium to large-size zip lock bags handy in your bag is great to quickly store your phone or camera before going on these water rides.
Favorite theme park rides:
– The Incredicoaster at Pixar Pier – Disneyland California
– Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT at Hollywood Land – Disneyland California
– Radiator Springs Racers at Cars Land – Disneyland California
– Space Mountain at Tomorrowland – Disneyland Park
– Splash Mountain at Critter Country – Disneyland Park
For my outfit, I wore a blue striped tank top that has a back V with a bow, and denim jacket. I also wore white jean shorts. These shorts are not see through! Even after getting wet on Splash Mountain, it still wasn’t see through. I also bought a Minnie Mouse sun hat at the Disney store in Downtown Disney.