When you’re 4’10, it’s a struggle finding pants that fit properly. I’ve tried pants from stores ranging from low-end to high-end, and each time I struggle with the length and fit. Earlier this year when I was buying some more legging pants from Uniqlo (Costa Mesa Location), their XXS (22-23 inch waist) fitted perfectly as always. But the length of the pants were always too long, and I usually have to fold them. While in the fitting room, I noticed a sign on their fitting room door that they do free alteration. Since I usually buy clothes from Uniqlo online, I never knew they offer this service. I asked the sales associate and they gave me more information about it. Here is a quick summary of their in-store process:
- Try-on the pants and fold the bottom of your pants up to the length you desire.
- Come out of the fitting room and the sales associate will pin it down.
- After change back, and if you decide to grab another pair of pants (exact same one) and want it altered, no need to try it on again. They will go off the measurements of the pants that was pinned.
- Go to the register and pay. Tell them you want to do the alteration and they will give you an estimated time for pick-up.
- Then bring your receipt and pants to the alteration room.
Since it was same day pick-up, I shopped around and went back to Uniqlo after an hour (estimated pick-up time). I’m happy to have bottoms that actually fit properly and give off a clean look. I no longer have to fold the bottom of my pants or roll it up. Because of the fit, my co-workers all thought these were normal business wear pants until I told them it was leggings.